‘The no-detention’ policy in schools seems quite adventurous and exciting at first but it is on the verge to affect the learning adversely. Union Human Resources Development Head Smriti Irani said in a press conference that the final decision can only be executed when it is given as a written response from the concerned states.
‘The no-detention’ policyThe NDA government boarded the first newly constituted CABE (Central Advisory Board of Education) and Smriti Irani addresses as ,
”All the party members jointly agreed to the revoking decision to the no-detention policy but we still wish to have many important concerns regarding the valid proof statement.”The RTE (Right to Education Act) 2009 was framed by the UPA government & explains that any student will not be detained till Class 8 in schools but the provision is seemed unpractical now & so there is more of a revision or reversal in the act..
The recap Smriti Irani ‘The no-detention’ policy press conference speech is:
|Union Human Resources Development Head Smriti Irani|
- All the government schools are now facilitated with toilets and the work is successfully implemented as promised. She thanked the state governments for assistance to execute it to the point.
- School cum higher secondary education policies and reforms will be monitored by a central committee predefined. And sub-committee is set up to re-engage the school students.
- The newly formed education reforms and consolations have started taking their shapes in some states for which she is really happy.
- This was her 1st meeting as the chairman and she is glad that she has received lot of cooperation and response from the states persons
- By November, the representatives will analyze the 1st draft of newly formed Education Policy and is assumed to be ready by the last month of 2015.
It will be interesting to know about the future steps of the no-detention policy as of now it is on a hold decision. Ms Smriti as an education minister is showing her best possible efforts but the question still remains the same “Will it sustain for a longer duration of time? “
Wishing you a very Happy Diwali